The Epidemic of Unplanned Childlessness

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

The Epidemic of Unplanned Childlessness

Post by Belle » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 pm

A discussion between Dr. Peterson and a Data analyst/researcher/film-maker. Virtually everything expressed in this discussion is backed up by anecdotal evidence from my (divorced) son and his male peer group from the last 3 to 4 years. Men don't want relationships and babies with 30 something women; most of the 'available' men have been divorced and put through the Family Court ringer; the rest want the single life with fringe benefits or have been in committed relationships since their 20s. The women are now aggressive when pursuing males, some speaking openly about the urgent need to have a baby! My 50y/o nephew told me in January a woman had asked, "can I please have a baby with you?". :oops: She wanted his genetic material!!

My eldest son was going out with a 37y/o Contract Lawyer (Building Construction) who had worked in Singapore. She was embarrassingly needy, though I liked her myself. When my son broke up with her because she phoned 10 times a day she told my daughter-in-law "I know I'll never have a child now". There are literally armies of them out there like this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrg8t34yXRs&t=232s

It's not just single women; married couples are choosing or not able to have children and those who do are only having one or two. Our NSW Premier has 7 children!!